For St Patrick’s Day one year I made Crock Pot Corned Beef and Guinness and it was yummy. Having made Shamrock Shakes the night before I was on a St. Patrick’s Day kick and feeling inspired. As Hubby hates cabbage I decided to use one of his favorite ingredients: Guinness. When he arrived home and I served dinner with homemade bread and a bottle of Guinness I gained major brownie points until he realized I’d had to sacrifice most of the beer for the crock pot corned beef! Whoops. 🙂
This was a perfect dish for the slow cooker and is a great time of year to get inexpensive corned beef so I recommend grabbing some and crockin it!
Crock Pot Corned Beef and Guinness Ingredients
- Corned beef. I used 2 pounds for 4 of us. (don’t judge!)
- Bottle of Guinness or another dark beer.
- That’s it. Nothing else!
Crock Pot Corned Beef Directions
- Slow cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from the crock pot and place between two paper towels to remove some fat. Mine just peeled right off with a fork.
- Serve with fresh homemade bread and maybe one of those Shamrock Shakes!
More St Patrick’s Day ideas:
Crock Pot Recipes Galore
Every Monday I host Slow Cooker Mondays and I find a new crock pot recipe to test for you and then present. It’s real meals for real Mums and here is a roundup of my 10 Crock Pot Recipes of 2013
You may also like 8 Crock Pot Soup Recipes.
Need a new crock pot? Amazon has tons with FREE shipping!