If you’re new around here it’s Slow Cooker Monday and this week I made Crock Pot Cider Ham. I made it last night when my inlaws came over and we all agreed it was pretty tasty so here ya go. This is a great crock pot ham recipe just in time for Easter when all those hams are super cheap. I made mine, we had leftovers and so tonight we’re having Crock pot Split Pea soup and I’ve still got ham leftover.
Crock pot Cider Ham
- 5 lb ham or whatever size you have for your family
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of raw brown sugar or honey
- 1 tsp strong mustard
- Place the defrosted ham in the crock pot.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar and water over it and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove 1 cup of the liquid from the pot after cooking and add the sugar and mustard and stir.
- Pour it back over the top of the ham and try and baste some on the top.
- Cook for 10 more minutes (or not at all if you’re outta time, it’s still fine!)
- Remove the ham and cut.
- Use a ladel to pour some of the juice over the top of the ham. I hate dry ham and have found this the best way to combat that.
Other Crock Pot Recipes
Every Monday I host Slow Cooker Mondays and I find a new crock pot recipe to test for you and then present. I also have a Crockpot Pinterest Board for ya! It’s real meals for real Mums and here is a roundup of my 10 Crock Pot Recipes of 2012
** You may also like 8 Crock Pot Soup Recipes.
Need a new crock pot? Amazon has tons with FREE shipping!