It’s Slow Cooker Mondays and today is a meal I cooked up last week after being in a pinch and it’s called Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken. Some of my Facebook readers joined me and we had a little virtual cook-together! It was yum and kid-friendly recipe too so here’s a recipe for chicken that goes great in your crock pot.
Ingredients for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in two and flattened
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated mild cheddar
- Herbs to taste. I used 1 tsp of fresh basil.
Directions for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
- Flatten the chicken and turn your crockpot to low. Spray it with cooking spray on the bottom and up the sides a little.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Take each piece of chicken, dip in the egg and then coat in the mixture.
- Secure with a toothpick and add to the slow cooker.
- Pour on about 1 cup of water just to keep it moist and not sticking.
- Cook on low for about 3 hours.
Every Monday I come up with a Crock Pot recipe. Feel free to check out the archives or see my Pinterest pins!