It’s Slow Cooker Mondays and today is a meal I cooked up last week after being in a pinch and it’s called Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken. Some of my Facebook readers joined me and we had a little virtual cook-together! It was yum and kid-friendly recipe too so here’s a recipe for chicken that goes great in your crock pot.
Ingredients for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in two and flattened
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated mild cheddar
- Herbs to taste. I used 1 tsp of fresh basil.
Directions for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
- Flatten the chicken and turn your crockpot to low. Spray it with cooking spray on the bottom and up the sides a little.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Take each piece of chicken, dip in the egg and then coat in the mixture.
- Secure with a toothpick and add to the slow cooker.
- Pour on about 1 cup of water just to keep it moist and not sticking.
- Cook on low for about 3 hours.
Other Crock Pot Recipes
Every Monday I host Slow Cooker Mondays and I find a new crock pot recipe to test for you and then present. It’s real meals for real Mums and here is a roundup of my 10 Crock Pot Recipes of 2012
** You may also like 8 Crock Pot Soup Recipes.
Need a new crock pot? Amazon has tons with FREE shipping!