It’s that time of year to grab a blanket and a movie and snuggle on the couch. What better way than with some good ole comfort food: soup. I thought I’d share some reader’s fave recipes over the next few days. If you’ve got a recipe you love, leave a comment!
This one is an English recipe for my fave soup ever and is from my friend Fran.
- 3 good chunky carrots peeled and grated
- 1 small onion
- clove of garlic chopped or teaspoon of garlic puree
- 2oz butter
- 2oz plain flour
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 2pts veg stock
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree.
- Melt butter in pan, then soften onion, carrot & garlic in it.
- Add to this the flour, paprika, sugar & basil
- Stir around for a minute or so, then add the canned toms, tom puree and veg stock.
- Bring to boil then simmer for about 15 mins.
- I then use a hand blender to give it a nice creamy texture.
It really is delicious, so cheap, no salt needed, and seems to go down well with guests!!