It’s that time of year to grab a blanket and a movie and snuggle on the couch. What better way than with some good ole comfort food: soup. I thought I’d share some reader’s fave recipes over the next few days. if you’ve got a recipe you love, leave a comment!
This one is thanks to Heidi and it serves 5.
- Brown and drain 1 lb ground beef
- When browned add 2 or so tbls of tomato paste and cook for 2 min more.
- Saute 2 -3 chopped green peppers ( depending on size) with one chopped onion and 1-2 garlic cloves minced.
- Drain a can of tomatoes of choice and add to ground beef.
- Cook desired amount of rice (we like lots of rice), add to beef mixture and add desired amount of veggie or beef stock depending on how soupy you like your soup and simmer till ready to eat!!
Serve with sour dough bread!