- Donate clothes that haven’t been worn in a year to the Salvation Army.
- Books that are now read to the library. You can check them out if you want to re-read them.
- CD’s and DVD’s can also find a new home at your local library.
- Kids toys, clothing, gear to local crisis pregnancy center or other shelters.
- Drop off items at the thrift store.
These items are tax deductible but you need to do it before the end of the year. It’s much more pleasant to do it now than trying to do it right before the end of the year when it’s snowing and you want to be cuddled up on the couch.
For budget ideas on how to spruce up your house for the holidays, check this out.