On a Friday night I like something easy and I love Chinese food so last week I tried to clean up orange chicken in my crock pot and came up with Clean Eating Crock Pot Orange Chicken. I served it over Jasmine rice and voila: no trip out for takeout needed! It’s Slow Cooker Monday and this is the recipe for ya if you’re clean eating or gluten free.
Crock Pot Orange Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup of real orange juice, no additives
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 2 small oranges or cuties
- 1 TBS wheat flour, optional
- 1 TBS soy sauce, optional
- Add the chicken breasts to the crock pot.
- Mix the other ingredients together and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.
- Open the pot and stir. I added the flour to thicken it a little but you don’t have to.
- Open the orange and add the segments into the pot and stir.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice, couscous or quinoa.
Enjoy your Friday night takeout of Clean Eating Crock pot Orange Chicken and is also Gluten Free Orange Chicken if you ditch the soy sauce and flour. Ya know what else? You could also freeze this recipe! Simply add the chicken to a freezer bag with the sauce and freeze for up to 3 months. Remove, defrost and pop right in the crockpot.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
You may also like all these other Crock Pot Clean Eating Recipes all located under my Slow Cooker Mondays category.