Every Tuesday is Taco Tuesday in our house and last week I made Clean Eating Crock Pot Chicken Tacos for us. I added way too many beans to chicken ratio in Hubs opinion but ya know what? We were both stuffed quicker as beans are so packed full of protein and the kids enjoyed them too. Although I had other fixings on the table I served mine with a couple of unusual ingredients: sauteed onions and sauteed spinach. Just something different!
Clean Eating Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- 2 lean chicken breasts
- 1 can of black beans, washed and drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and washed
- 2 TBS of homemade Clean Eating Taco Seasoning mix
- Tostados. Check the label! Some are just corn and oil. Others are corn + flavorings + colors and dyes which obviously aren’t clean.
- To accompany: Sauteed or raw veggies, Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, natural cheese, refried beans
- Add the beans, chicken and seasoning to your crock pot.
- Add a cup of water
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Open the pot and shred the chicken and stir it all together.
- Cook for another 15 minutes while you prep the other fixings!
Crock Pot Recipes Galore
Every Monday I host Slow Cooker Mondays and I find a new crock pot recipe to test for you and then present. It’s real meals for real Mums and here is a roundup of my 10 Crock Pot Recipes of 2013
You may also like 8 Crock Pot Soup Recipes.
Need a new crock pot? Amazon has tons with FREE shipping!