Thanks to Elizabeth for this yummy recipe!
1 cut up whole chicken
3 cups buttermilk
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Pepper
2 cups all purpose flour
- Combine chicken and buttermilk in a large glass bowl; cover and chill 8 to 12 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350*. Combine salt and pepper; sprinkle half of it over chicken.
- Combine remaining salt mixture and flour in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Place 2 pieces of chicken in bag; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Remove chicken.
- Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Fry chicken pieces, in 2 batches, in hot oil over medium high 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until done.