I used: 1/8 Cup Baking soda and some warm water.
I then rinsed with 1/2 cup vinegar and then rinsed it all off.
Here’s what I’ve learned:
- The first time I did the experiment with only the baking soda I hated it. My hair was dry and straw like and even after 2 weeks felt yucky. I really liked using the vinegar on there.
- The vinegar stunk when I put it on but went away after rinsing.
- Somehow the fizzing and popping made me “feel” like something was happening as apposed to just rubbing a sand like mixture on my hair and hoping for the best.
- My hair is coloured and the colour hasn’t faded.
- This mixture is ridiculously cheap and resulted in a great frugal experiment.
- The ancient Egyptians used to use baking soda as soap and loved it’s cleansing properties. If it’s good enough for ancient Pharaohs, it’s good enough for me!