This week ground turkey was on sale at Strack’s and our buddy, Stacie over at Kat’s Kitchen, was all over it for our Meal Under $5. Since I last checked her blog, she’s got 3 new awesome dessert recipes on there which sound incredible. Thanks, Stacie!
Clair recently blogged about Strack and VanTil having their ground turkey $1/pound! When I heard that, I jumped right on it to give you a few suggestions on how to use that ridiculously cheap ground turkey. (Of course, the ground turkey can be a substitute for ground beef in pretty much any meal.)
Mozzarella Pasta Bake
(Recipe adopted from Kraft Foods)
1 lb ground turkey ($1)
1 cup spaghetti sauce (Barilla is on sale for $2.29 but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a cheaper brand or maybe you already have some in your pantry!)
3/4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked ($1/box)
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Italian Seasonings
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook turkey in large skillet until no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Add spaghetti sauce, macaroni and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Spoon into 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melted.
Need more ideas? Make Italian Pasta Skillet here, turkey burgers, use it in your lasagna or stuffed peppers, turkey tacos, turkey meatballs…your options are endless! Let us know what ideas you come up with by leaving a comment below.