Here’s a fairly simple meal that my husband and I really enjoy. If you already have boneless chicken breasts in your freezer, you could always use those and cut them into three lengthwise pieces to make tenders, otherwise pick the 64 oz package up at Meijer for $7.99 this week and you’ll be able to make a few chicken finger dinners in the next month.
-Chicken Breast Tenders (64 oz/$7.99) – 1.5 lbs. $3
-3 Baked Potatoes (10 lbs/$5) – $.75
1/2 teaspoon salt or Garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Mix crumbs, cheese, salt and paprika in resealable plastic food-storage bag (or large bowl).
- Dip the chicken strips into the slightly beaten egg; place in bag/bowl of crumbs and shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Spray chicken with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes, until no longer pink in center.
- Serving suggestions: Ranch dipping sauce, BBQ Sauce, Honey.