I’m in love! I’m in love! And I don’t care who knows it! Last night I downloaded the Amazon Price Check tool to my Android and promptly ran around the house scanning barcodes. Scan a barcode; see the price comparison on Amazon. Yes, for real. This thing is cool and it’s FREE!
While in a store (or in your house like me!) simply scan a barcode with your phone and it tells you how much the item costs at Amazon. Of course it didn’t work on the bananas I tried (why yes I did) but other than that it is an awesome new tool for your money saving armory.
To celebrate the launch of the Amazon Price Check, use it between 9:00 pm (PST) December 9, 2011 and ends 11:59 pm (PST) December 10, 2011 to get 5% off select items. You can get money off up to 3 times when you scan it 3 times.
To Receive Your Discount
- Head to Amazon to download.
- Use the Price Check App with the location services enabled on your mobile device. See below for information on enabling your mobile device’s location services.
- While you are out shopping, you may optionally provide the Price Check App the in-store advertised price of a qualifying product in the eligible product categories (Electronics, Toys, Sports, Music, and DVDs).
- Place a qualifying product into the shopping cart within the Price Check App.
- Within twenty-four (24) hours of placing a qualifying product in your Price Check App shopping cart, complete your purchase from any Amazon channel (Price Check App, Amazon website, or other Amazon apps). If you do not make your purchase within this time period, the discount will expire.
- Your discount of 5% off Amazon’s Price (up to a maximum of $5.00*), will be automatically applied at checkout within the Price Check App.
*Discounted price will not result in a price less than zero.
If you have questions about qualifying for Price Check In-store Deals, call Customer Service at (800) 383-7068.