1) Pizza and a movie. Make pizzas together using this homemade pizza recipe and then grab a rental from Redbox or Blockbuster Express.
2) Dinner date. Go out to dinner using a gift certificate from Restaurant.com. Right now they have their gift certificates at 80% off!!!! That means $25 gift certs are a mere $2. Use the word SWEETIE thru 2/14/12.
3) Memory Lane. Pull out some old pictures from a vacation and make a meal based on where you went. After dinner browse through the piccies and relive the vacation.
4) Picnic. Turn on the fireplace, light some candles and pull out a blanket. Grab some tasty picnic food and have an indoors picnic.
5) Coffee and chat. I have a friend who’s hubby (boyfriend at the time) took her out for coffee and had pre-written some questions that they discussed. It sounds a little cheesy but when you’ve been married for a while it can be fun to ask crazy questions. Here’s 20 questions you can use that I created.
6) Fondue. DH and I love fonduing together, especially the cheese one. You can grab a block of it already made from Meijer, Dominicks, Jewel or Trader Joe’s. We love dipping bread, tomatoes and potatoes in the pot.
May I just say that I’m a HUGE advocate for date nights. Even with kids, your marriage needs a little TLC that only time alone can do!