This week we’re sharing breakfast casserole recipes from Facebook friends. This is from Beth.
* 8 slices of bacon
* 2 Cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
* 1 red and 1 green bell pepper, chopped (can use frozen!)
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 12 eggs
* 1/3 C sour cream
* 3/4 pound Velveeta, thinly sliced
- Cook bacon in skillet and set aside to drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Add onions and bell peppers to skillet and saute in bacon drippings until tender, about ten minutes.
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray and spread pepper and onion mixture into the bottom. Spread hash browns over the top.
- Crack the twelve eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add sour cream and beat that into the eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables and hash browns in the pan.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over the top of eggs.
- Place slices of Velveeta over the top and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before serving.