* 2 cups pitted dates
* 2 cups water
* 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (or to taste, I like more)
Bring dates to boil, simmer for about 60 minutes until dates are broken down and very soft.
Allow to cool slightly about 15 minutes.
Pour into blender or food processor and puree till smooth.
Sprinkle with cinnamon, stir, store in fridge or freeze.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond/soy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots (I substitute apples too)
- 1/4 cup raisins (I use 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put all ingredients in large bowl and stir.
- Transfer into 8X8 dish lightly greased.
- Pour oatmeal in dish and bake 45-50 minutes until slightly browned and crispy on top.
- Spread with date honey.
I like to double to share for playdates or even to bake on cookie sheet to make thin bars and freeze for fast snack or even lunches.