This week, I’m featuring two awesome $5 meals. This one is from our resident chef, Stacie, and one from my friend, Kath! Stop by Stacie’s blog for an awesome Quesadilla recipe.
Smoked Sausage & Potatoes
Eckrich’s Smoked Sausage (3/$5) – $1.67
Asparagus ($1.99/lb) – $1.99
Strawberries (3 lbs/$4) – $1.33
From your Pantry:
2 medium Onions
Salt & Pepper
- Slice sausage in half lengthwise and then into slices.
- Place sausage in skillet and start to brown.
- Slice potatoes in the same manner (lengthwise and then slices) and add to sausage.
- Chop onions and place in skillet with the potatoes and sausage.
- Cook covered on medium until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, stirring frequently.
- Depending on how much grease the sausage gives off, you may need to add some oil.
- Serve with steamed asparagus and fresh cut strawberries.
Each week we feature a meal under $5 which is comprised of buying ingredients from one store. For more such recipes, visit $5 Dollar Dinners.