1 Meijer Fresh Whole Chicken – $.98/lb – $7-$9
2 bags Meijer Frozen Broccoli – $1/bag – $2
1 Cream of Chicken Soup Meijer Brand – 8/$10 – $1.25
1/2 cup Mayo (Meijer Brand also has this on sale 2/$6)
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups corn flakes, crushed
1/4-1/2 cup butter, melted
- Pressure cook chicken in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes. Let cool for 2-3 hours in pan without removing lid. Remove chicken from bones, fat & skin. (You can also boil chicken or cook the chicken another way.)
- Layer broccoli on bottom of a 9×13 or two 8×8 casserole dishes.
- Layer the shredded chicken over the broccoli.
- Mix the can of chicken soup, mayo and cheese and spread over the chicken.
- Mix together the crushed corn flakes and melted butter, spread over the top of the casserole.
- Bake casserole at 355 covered for 30 minutes. If the casserole is cold or partly frozen, bake for 1-1 1/2 hours.
Each week we feature a meal under $5 which is comprised of buying ingredients from one store. Thanks to our resident chef, Stacie! Stop by Stacie’s blog for an awesome cheesecake recipe that will make you wanna invite yourself for dinner! For more such recipes, visit $5 Dollar Dinners.