Who doesn’t like breakfast for supper once in a while? Meijer has a great 10 for $10 and the 11th free deal this week which includes Texas toast and breakfast sausage, so let’s whip up some French Toast this week and eat for waaaay cheap!
Meijer Texas Toast Bread – $1
Banquet Brown ‘N Serve Breakfast Links – $1
4 eggs – $.50
1 Cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
1) Whisk milk, eggs and vanilla in a shallow bowl.
2) Heat an electric griddle or griddle pan over the stove.
3) Dip the bread into the egg/milk mixture one slice at a time and place it on the preheated pan, sprinkle with Cinnamon.
4) Flip each slice after about 5 minutes and let the second side cook until brown.
5) Serve with fresh cut from your local farmer’s market (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.), syrup, powdered sugar or other desired toppings and sausage links.
Each week we feature a meal for around $5 for 4 people which is comprised of buying ingredients from one store. Thanks to our resident chef, Stacie! For more such recipes, visit $5 Dollar Dinners.