Packaged 100 calorie snack are a ripoff but these 25 homemade 100 calorie snacks are inexpensive and healthy.
Just because items are packaged as 100 calorie doesn’t make them healthy and if you’re looking for some great back to school snacks or mid-afternoon pick-me-ups, then this is a great list.
With a little know-how and some baggies you can achieve the same thing…for way less and most of these things are available at ALDI making them even cheaper So, go grab some snack bags and create some do-it-yourself snacks for the kids.
25 Homemade 100 Calorie Snacks
- 1 small orange
- 15 mini carrots
- 1 slice of toasted raisin bread with a thin smear of light butter
- ½ a small bagel with a small piece of smoked salmon
- 3 TBS raisins
- 4 plain mini rice cakes with 2 TBS low fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup of fat free ranch dressing – dip as many veggies in as you want
- 15 strawberries with ¼ cup of light cool whip
- 6 reduced fat Triscuits
- 10 almonds or cashew nuts
- ½ an avocado
- 1 cup celery
- 1 celery stalk with 1 TBS peanut butter or light cream cheese
- 1 hard boiled egg on a slice of melba toast
- 45 steamed edamame beans
- 3 TBS hummus with half of a bell pepper
- 6oz of plain fat free yogurt with 1/3 cup of fresh berries
- 1 cup watermelon
- 10 jelly beans
- 13 animal crackers
- 3/4 oz cheddar cheese
- 7/8 cup cheerios
- 1 cheese stick and 5 slices ham
- ½ an apple and 2 tsp of peanut butter
- 2 TBS mashed avocado + 2 TBS fresh chopped tomato in half a whole wheat pita
What’s your favorite Homemade 100 Calorie Snacks?