In Chicago people go crazy for spiced nuts from a certain store but you can make them inexpensively yourself and they look store bought. This recipe makes 10 servings of about 4 TBS each.
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Add nuts and oil and dijon in a bowl
- In another bowl add the other ingredients and then mix the two together.
- Bake on parchment paper at 300°F for about 20 minutes. Stir mid-way through to ensure it cooks right.
Nuts: As nuts aren’t cheap I would recommend buying some mixed nuts from the store if you’re making a bulk batch of this. It may be cheaper and easier that way and you can get around 22oz (more than enough) them for around $7.50
Final Cost: $13.40/10 or $1.34 each