Teachers need pampering but this would also make a great hostess gift. This mini spa tin with ingredients to do natural spa treatments is the idea of my good friend Trish whom I’ve lovingly nicknamed “Martha S”!
- Small tin. These can be purchased inexpensively at a craft store or Target.
- Two teabags of caffeinated black or orange pekoe tea
- Small bag of oatmeal
Add these items to the tin with the instructions below and a small note: “Thanks for being such a swell TEA-CHER!”
Instruction Card #1
- Simply mix the tea leaves from one bag of tea and your favorite cream cleanser in your hands and apply liberally to the face. Don’t be shy – you want to use as much of the tea in the bag as you can.
- After you gently massage as much of the mixture as you can onto the skin, let it sit for 3-5 minutes (remove if you feel it begin to tingle). Rinse with warm water and pat dry – that’s it!
- Be sure to apply a light moisturize when you’re all done
Instruction Card #2:
* 1/3 cup of regular or quick cook oatmeal
* 1/4 cup of honey
* 1/2 cup of water
* 1 teabag of Black or Orange Pekoe tea
- Put the teabag into a microwave safe cup with water and microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Steep the tea for at least 30 seconds.
- This tea should be hot enough to cook the oatmeal – pour the tea slowly into a bowl containing the oatmeal. Stir until the mixture thickens to a mucky texture.
- Add the honey and blend by stirring thoroughly.
- Let the mixture stand until cool.
- Apply the mask and allow it to dry. Rinse with warm water, and you’re done! This mask exfoliates and removes excess oil from the skin, as you know. However, this version of the mask also infuses caffeine into your skin as it works, giving a boost of vibrance as it removes oil and impurities!
Tea bags: $.25
Final Cost: $1.50