I am loving my Young Living essential oils which is why I wrote 100 Uses For Essential Oils.
There are many uses for essential oils that will blow your mind away as they’re all natural and have been around for thousands of years! Please note I’m not here to treat, diagnose or cure you. These are just suggestions.
Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
This is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing — physically and emotionally.
- Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow at night.
- Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite.
- Put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil on a minor burn.
- Drop Lavender oil on a cut to aid healing.
- Mix several drops of Lavender oil with V-6 Massage Oil and use topically on skin blotches.
- To alleviate the symptoms of traveling, place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind the ears.
- Use in your Laundry detergent or make this Homemade Laundry Detergent recipe.
- Rub Lavender oil on your hands or add to your favorite lotion.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your lips. Add some of the oil to coconut oil and apply.
- For summer months when you don’t want to use citrus oils in your favorite lipbalm make Homemade Lip Balms using lavender.
- Rub 2 – 4 drops of Lavender oil over the armpit area to act as a deodorant. Or make this Homemade Deodorant recipe.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil after someone mows the grass.
- Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp.
- Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
- Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air and prolong the time between cleanings.
- Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer, which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
- To help support normal respiratory and sinus health diffuse Lavender oil.
- To help normal respiratory health use lavender, lemon and peppermint with a little carrier oil together in a roller and try rolling on your neck. I like to do 10 drops of each plus olive oil.
- Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water after being out in the sun.
- Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to an itch.
- Make Homemade Lotion bars.
Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
Contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. It may serve as an insect repellent and may be beneficial for the skin. CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
- Use 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a squirt bottle mixed with distilled water to use in the bathroom as an air freshener.
- Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
- Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
- For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2 tablespoons of honey and two cups of pure water. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your own taste.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water.
- Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter tops to clean them.
- Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to clean.
- Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
- Use a paper towel soaked with several drops of Lemon oil to clean bathroom fixtures.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on gums after tooth extraction.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on skin bumps.
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on cellulite.
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on varicose veins.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil to clean a butcher’s block or other cutting surfaces.
- Put 10-15 drops of Lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains and brighten the rug. This also leaves a fresh smell in the room.
- Add a few drops to this when you Clean Your Mattress.
Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint’s effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint’s role in affecting impaired taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy. Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sense of fullness after meals.
- Rubbing 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to help support normal digestion.
- Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on your body before a workout.
- Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to cool your body down.
- Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin.
- For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 Massage Oil.
- Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and increase energy.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen for a happy tummy.
- To stop hiccups try applying a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck).
- Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to help improve alertness and concentration.
- Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while taking a test or studying.
- Great ingredient in my Homemade Outdoors Spray recipe.
- Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on chest and stomach while traveling.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to open nasal passages.
- Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring.
- Make Peppermint Fudge with it.
- To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
- Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to reduce odors.
- Place a couple of drops of Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
- To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
- Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue for fresh, minty breath.
- Make Peppermint Mouthwash.
- Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to help reduce snacking.
- Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it to unhedge its head and remove from your pet.
- Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath and Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
- Make Homemade Lipbalm.
Young Living Joy Essential Oil Blend
An exotic, luxurious blend of Lemon (Citrus limon), mandarin (Citrus reticulata), bergamot (Citrus bergamia), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), rose (Rosa damascena), rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), and jasmine (Jasminum officinale) that produces an uplifting magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as a cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
- Rub a drop of Joy oil over the heart and on the bottom of each foot to relieve feelings of frustration.
- Put a drop of Joy oil on the tip of the nose to uplift your mood.
- Wear a drop of Joy oil behind each ear as a perfume.
- Rub a drop of Joy oil between your palms and then spread over the face and neck after shaving.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on areas of the body to support normal circulation.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on the armpit area to use for a deodorant.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on the heart and feet – it may help increase libido.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Joy oil into potpourri to improve the fragrance.
- Make Homemade Deodorant.
Young Living PanAway Essential Oil Blend
A blend of wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens); clove (Syzygium aromaticum), which contains eugenol, used by dentists to numb gums; peppermint (Mentha piperita), which is calming for nerves; and helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum), which is soothing. This blend was created by Gary Young following an injury that severely tore the ligaments in his leg.
- Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area following shopping, gardening or other normal daily activities.
- Apply PanAway oil topically to sore muscles after exercising.
- Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the temples, forehead and back.
- Mix PanAway oil with massage oil and massage on location.
- Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway oil hands after gardening.
- Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway oil at the base of the spine after a long day’s work.
Young Living Peace & Calming Essential Oil Blend
A gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine (Citrus nobilis), orange (Citrus sinensis), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), patchouly (Pogostemon cablin) and blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) specially designed for diffusing. It promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace, helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits.
- Rub 1-2 drops of Peace & Calming oil on the bottom of the feet and on the shoulders before bedtime to aid restful sleep.
- Diffuse Peace & Calming oil in the room to calm overactive or hard to manage children.
- Mix Peace & Calming oil with massage oil for a relaxing massage.
- Put Peace & Calming oil mixed with Bath Gel Base in warm water for a relaxing bath.
- Diffuse Peace & Calming oil while sleeping to help relax the jaw while sleeping.
Young Living Purification Essential Oil Blend
A blend of Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis), melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia), lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) and myrtle (Myrtus communis) formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odors.
- Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors.
- Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air vents in the home, office, hotel room or other enclosed area.
- While traveling, inhale Purification oil during flights to protect yourself from the recirculated air.
- Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites.
- A drop of Purification oil can be helpful for the skin.
- Rub a drop of Purification oil on the throat to support normal immune system.
- Rub a drop of Purification oil on a blister.
- Put 2 drops of Purification oil on two cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
- Place a drop of Purification oil on each end of a cotton swab and place on top of your cold water humidifier to clean the air.
- Spritz several drops of Purification oil mixed with water to repel insects.
- Apply Purification oil and Peppermint oil diluted with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil to a cotton swab and rub just inside the ear to eliminate ear mites in cats and dogs.
- make Homemade Bug Spray.
Young Living Frankincense Oil
- A great addition to any skincare product.
- Wonderful uplifiting oil.
- Apply to skin to support skin elasticity.
Young Living Tea Tree Oil
- Regarded for years as having great properties for your hair and nails.
- Add some into your shampoo or massage through your hair.
- Can be a good oil for respiratory support.
Want to learn more about essential oils? Check out Oilers on a Mission site.
Where To Buy?
Head to my site and purchase the Premier Starter Kit and receive lots of bonus gifts from me! $40+ worth!
All of the oils may by diffused. The diffuser from Young Living Oils is included in your starter kit which freshens the air with natural fragrances. The diffuser disperses the oils without heat, which could render the essential oils less effective.
All of the oils can be applied to the Vita Flex points on the feet, added to bath water , applied topically or used with body and foot massage.
Young, N.D., Gary D. An Introduction to Young Living Essential Oils. Ninth Edition, 2001.
Essential Oils Desk Reference. Compiled by Essential Science Publishing, Second Edition, July 2001.
To grab the crazy wholesale deal head to my Young Living page.
Obligatory Disclaimer: The information in this handout is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician. THESE SUGGESTED USES APPLY ONLY TO THE USE OF THERAPEUTIC GRADE, Young Living oils.