Even if you didn’t win Blue man Group tickets there are great things to do in our neck of the woods. Here are some child-friendly, almost free options! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1) FREE Kid’s Craft at Lakeshore Learning Dec 31, 2011 from 11am – 3pm.
2) Families looking for a fun way to celebrate can skate their way into the new year at Deep River Waterpark. Every year the waterpark hosts a family-friendly New Year’s Eve party with an early countdown with sparkling juice toast at 8pm, a DJ with ice skating and an open concession stand. The park will be open from 5pm to 10pm and cost is $5.
3) City of Crown Point is having a New Year’s dance party with pizza, drinks and DJ from 2pm to 5pm at First United Methodist Church in Crown Point. Reservations are required.
4) Restaurant.com has $25 gift certificates for $2 only through 12/31/11.
5) For kids under 8, Bellaboo’s Play and Discovery Center is the place to be! Join in the Bellabration from 2-5pm. Royal dress code is of course required and there will be a big bubble drop and countdown at noon and 4pm.
6) Town of Highland will have New Year’s Eve fireworks at Main Square Park at midnight. Skip the alcohol and bring the hot chocolate
7) Sign up for the Hut Lovers email at Pizza Hut and get FREE breadsticks for a fun pizza night in.
8) Visit Kamp Lights in St John for a fab lights display.
9) Navy Pier’s New Year’s Eve Family Bash Saturday, December 31, 2011 at Winter WonderStage in Winter WonderFest (located in Festival Hall) from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Fireworks at 8:15 p.m and midnight, Free Admission!
10) From Monday, December 26, 2011 – Sunday, January 1, 2012 you can grab a FREE kid’s combo meal ($2.49 value) at IKEA.